Monday, January 23, 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Lipstick

For me finding a truly moisturizing lipstick has been a challenge! I have tried high-end to drugstore brands and still had trouble finding the perfect one.  Luckily I stumbled across Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butters at ULTA and let me tell you I am sooooo pleasantly surprised!  These lippies are pretty decent!  The product applies so smoothly, like butter, hence the name.  They are not extremely moisturizing, however, they are not drying either.  Due to the fact that it does have a "balm-like" texture it will leave your lips soft.  The color pay off is OK on my pigmented lips, I thought the colors would be more vibrant and opaque, but due to my natural coloring they are not.

Overall I do believe that they are worth their price tag of $7.49; especially with a buy one get one free or half off promotion.  My biggest hangup with this product is the lack of staying power (they wear off within an hour or two) and the sheerness of the product (I have to apply it around 3-4 coats to get the color payoff that I want).  I am happy with the four that I received, they are great if you are looking for a lipstick on a budget, however, for me someone who is trying to find that holy grail lip product this is not the one!



What are your thoughts about Revlon's NEW Lip Butters?


Best!! XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment