Friday, January 27, 2012

I May Have Found My Holy Grail . . .

. . . Nude Lip Color!!!

So yes, as I stated in my last blog post I have been looking for my "holy grail" lipstick for the longest.  I never tried any Bobbi Brown lip products, so I decided to give it a try after reading some great reviews about their "rich" color formula.


What did I purchase?! Well after swatching almost ALL of their "Rich Lip Color" line I decided to try their Bare Pink rich lip color and the Pink Cocoa rich color gloss!






The formula of the Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color is fabulous, especially for the price of $23! I like it better than NARS Lipstick which is comparable price wise at $24, however, it is not on the level of Tom Ford's Lipsticks which is my ultimate favorite so far (priced at $48).  The lipstick is creamy, moisturizing and extremely pigmented!  Which are my top three concerns when it comes to a lipstick.  The color Bare Pink is a semi-matte, "true beige."  Below is a picture of the lipstick by itself on my bare lips:


The Bobbi Brown Rich Color Gloss that I purchased was from the Rose Gold Collection.  The color is Pink Cocoa it is described as being a "heather beige."  It is a light-brown toned pink which would look fabulous on various skin tone.  The price of the gloss is $23 and worth every penny since they upped the size of the container!  The formula is great; it is a full coverage gloss, so it is opaque and gives off its true color on even my pigmented lips.  The gloss gives off a beautiful shine, without being sticky or gummy.  Below is a picture of the gloss by itself on my bare lips:

 
Not only are these two products phenomenal by themselves, they also make a heck of a team when paired together.  Below is a picture of the two:

Bare Pink Rich Lip Color + Pink Cocoa Rich Color Gloss = HEAVEN!!


Overall consensus BOTH products are keepers! 

They are both moisturizing, lightweight and comfortable on the lips.  They are true to color and opaque! What more can a girl ask for?!  The ladies at Sak will definitely see me tomorrow for another purchase!





No comments:

Post a Comment